#2 vs. #1

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It really isn't that hard to figure out how to communicate from the baselines. It isn't rocket science. Being farther away doesn't prevent coaches from calling plays with hand signals. And in a loud arena, that's a necessity anyway. And evaluating the game isn't any tougher for the visiting coaches than it is for Vandy.

Every team has bad games. And UK was more pathetic on that night than I've ever seen any UK play regardless of the location (the Garner-Webb game may be an exception to that). It had nothing to do with the benches being in a different location.

Vandy has played terrible games at Rupp before and it had nothing to do with the fact the benches aren't where they are used to...

And as for Kentucky winning 9 of their last 10, the improbable comeback against UT (at Rupp) is the only other game they have played against a ranked opponent. Just look at the opposition they have beaten versus the ones they have lost to.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol, sorry guys. "Let them have their #1 for a single week" - Da Gloat
    How did Memph get bumped to #3 for losing to the #2 team though? That makes zero sense. And now they should be back at #1, but probably wont happen.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

They may end up #1, but still #3 in the state...

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

very true...

5. I guess that makes Vandy #1 in something other than preppies for a change...

6. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

Tennessee really blew it huh?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. You tell yourself that when they make the elite 8 again, while UT hasn't made it in the last 10 years (including this one), and knowing Memphis would kill Vandy.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Not really. While Vandy won a close game on Tuesday, remember they got the wood laid to them earlier by UT. So at best, it is a split. ;)

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Not in Memorial, my Tiger friend. Memphis is a very talented team and while Coach Cal is a solid coach, he isn't great and the layout of the gym and the "Memorial Magic" would give some headaches.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I smell a wager brewing.

I personally don't think any team who shoot free throws as poor as Memphis will make the final four.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar