2 Things I learned from Last Night's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Clearly the pick was Collins fault- it definitely was underthrown. I just want to make sure that we keep the poor play of our WR's in the discussion. That was inexperience on Britt's part not to have recognized the situation was going to be a pick and that he should get his hand in there to break it up (or even take an offensive PI to prevent the pick).

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess you could call it a "gift" considering even KC would admit it was under thrown but Troy had to make a very nice play on it to bring it in and if the ball is one inch higher Britt has his hands in position to make the catch. Thus I think it is ridiculous to call that a "gift".

The problem in our offense is we don't try those deep passes often enough. Because of our grind it out and maybe get a FG mentality you never saw that play again. Even when Troy was out of the game we didn't challenge them with deeper passes.

As far as the pressure it is simple to solve that problem. You don't have CJ pass blocking. You keep Crump and Stevens in to block (which by the way is what the Steelers did, you didn't see RBs protecting the QB. The Steelers were also chipping our ends. Is that a brilliant coaching move unknown to our coaches...I guess so. I didn't see Stevens one time try to break Harrison's body in half.

It was a stupid coaching performance. We were out coached plain and simple.

3. Riverman

I completely disagree. The coaches had us in position to win that game several times, our players didn't execute. I would say it was coaching if we didn't have several opportunities to get the points and we didn't make the play.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah definitely, I just mean even though Bironas came up way short for us, we still were in a position to win anyway and we didn't.

Dinger didn't adjust to the heat that they kept bringing. It was clear that they had found KFC out and just came at him all day. And Dinger didn't even try to take advantage. And on D we just ran that stupid zone and these guys were just having a field day with all that room to run around. They totally ate us up with those little dink and dunk passes.

And Fisher sitting on that 50 seconds instead of trying to make something happen. I understand that we don't wanna overplay it and throw a pick, but come on. Don't be a p)ss.

5. Riverman

^^You guys aren't giving Dick LeBueax enough credit. He is considered "hands down" the best DC in the game. He is a genius. The Steelers D is always good because he knows how to coach them.

It is a tough row to hoe when you play a LeBeaux defense.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Oh definitely. It even looked to me like Britt ran a fairly lazy route. Either that or he's slower than I thought and/or Troy is faster than I thought. His push-off was also a bit lazy.

Granted Troy is an all-pro safety, but I'm sure there are several other safeties in the league that could have made that play as well. So in this league (and especially in that particular game to Polamalu), I'll go ahead and call that a gift.
    And like I've said, Collins has until that night more or less perpetually over thrown deep passes. I dunno, maybe he was so used to JMac not getting separation and never getting enough speed to get to the ball, that he had a lapse and under threw it to compensate. Ha.

Couldn't agree more. I'd rather have CJ out in space ready to catch a pass and burn, than him blocking 3-4 linemen and linebackers. It makes about as much sense as using a Lotus Elise sports car to tow a ski boat.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

And Heimerdinger is chopped liver?

Dinger is considered "hands down" one of the best OCs in the game. He should have had a better answer for LeBeaux.

8. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

I don't know what all this BS fuss is about Collins not doing good in the clutch and losing the game...

Were we watching the same game?

Collins played a very typical QB game... He did force one bad play, which was a drive killer, but I can live with the risk given our field position. Quit blaming Collins, we would have never had a chance if Vince was in there.(is that what you want?)

If Collins is to blame this is what your saying...
    two drive-killing turnovers, a missed field-goal after a sh1tty snap, a line drive blocked field-goal, a sh1tty punt, the inability to field punts like a real NFL team, and penalties that wiped out big gains didn't contribute to our loss?

Collins is nowhere near to blame this loss... It's all those little things, and btw this is a TEAM game. If you were to ask me, we're a couple adjustments away from being a SB team.

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i do not understand why this dude is praised as a genious... i remember when he OCed for eddie in the tailend of his career, it was still run run pass punt. i know thats fisherball, but what does dinger do that makes him so great. we've had CJ on the team for about 20 something games and still i havent seen any semi creative play to get a dude who runs a 4.24 the ball in space.

and 3rd long is annoying as it will always be a RB draw to CJ or a 5 yard pass to someone

i dunno, i dont get it

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that 5 yard pass is usually to 'someone' who doesn't catch very well
    i cannot wait until 3rd & 7 is attacked with at least 8 yard plays
    that might have got us to overtime in the Bowl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar