2 Things I learned from Last Night's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Exactly.

Coach Fisher,
    -no risk, no reward
    -no guts, no glory

2. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Aside from the INT, Collins played GREAT! Threw it away when he needed to, & on target.

How many IMPORTANT drops did Gage have? At least two, maybe three.

Britt played well, but he dropped at least one important one too.

As a hole, we played better than the Steelers.

But we lost. Boo hoo. 0-1

I think we'll do better this year than last. Maybe not record wise, but we won't lose in the first round this time.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Chuck Cecil is an idiot, eh? The guy is a rookie coordinator in his first regular season game which happens to have a prime time television audience of over 10 million homes and he holds the %@*&!^$ Pittsburgh Steelers to 10 points in regulation and the team loses the coin toss in overtime as well as the game... and he's an idiot... right... nevermind the fact that the Steelers were 4/14 on 3rd down... :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Plus if we quit playing "PREVENT you from winning" defense at the end of every half, we'd maybe win a few more games than normal.

That's what lost us the game. IMO

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

do you need a diflucan?

we lost. we could have won but we didn't. the Titans looked good. They didn't get scored on much. They didn't give much up. The coin toss is just a good a reason as all the crap I've been reading.

I'm proud of this team.
    I'm proud of Kerry Collins.

Collins look sharp. Our recievers looked sharp. The D-Line was great. That performance would have beat most teams. We have a top 5 team. Our offense is upgraded and they kick arse.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Jay...Cecil blew it last night. He gave up on pressure in the 4th and in OT...that just handed the game to the Steeler offense in my opinion...again...in my opinion.

Now, that being said...his D for 3 quarters was very, very good.

7. JimOkc

JimOkc Camp Fodder

I agree with this. Does that make me bi-polar also???? :lol:

8. iQon

iQon Starter

Forget about the first 3 quarters. The bottom line is, the team that showed up in the last quarter won.

You don't give Kerry glory for a bad first 3 quarters in week 5 against Baltimore last year, you give him glory for leading a game winning drive.

You don't give Kerry glory for 3 decent quarters this week, you judge him ultimately for folding so easily when he starts seeing pressure.

I'm disappointed in Kerry more than anyone else. Because it's obvious at this point that someone will leave points on the board in big games, Rob will redeem himself eventually. But I depend on my QB to be the last player to absolutely kill a crucial possession. I thought the level of his mental mistakes made him better for the current team then Vince, but there's times where he's worse. Either he throws the same preventable interceptions Vince would throw, or he is just throwing the ball away too much to avoid contact. For better or worse, at least Vince's scrambling keeps the play alive longer. Throwing the ball away 3 out of 4 times is unacceptable for a team with this much potential.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Your absolutely right, that performance would have beaten MOST teams. But not all of them, which is exactly my point. We can glide through the season winning enough games because of our defense and running game, but when we do play the great teams, and its tight in the fourth quarter, there's no if's ands or buts about it, the game is on the Quarterback's shoulders. And Kerry Collins isn't good enough to win it for us, plain and simple.

You may be alright with being 2nd best, but I'm not. And I can name 5 or 6 teams right now that are as good or better than us, and you know what the trend is? They have a guy under center who they can turn to when the game's on the line.

Means nothing if you can't hit the shot...

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

maybe it was the eight minute t.o.p. differential.

i agree though. and i don't like that. Didn't the steelers stay in hurry up a good bit? Maybe the Titans weren't able to substitute.

Going into the fourth quarter we should have had a lead anyways.

This is a good loss imo. Plus, come post season time the Titans won't be a bunch of arrogant pie holes. This puts them firmly under the radar now and honestly, I've become quite accustomed to it and I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar