2 Things I learned from Last Night's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I would moreso say that he is on a short leash (from Fisher) for the time being.

Exactly, but I can't pin that on just KC. Our whole offense had no clutch playing ability last night, especially after the 3rd Q.

But he didn't make them so that should have given KC and the O the incentive to step it up and make up the difference.

If we play defense like that all season, I'm going to be VERY worried. Because we played defense for 3 quarters last night. The last time I checked, a game is 4 quarters.
    One thing's for sure. Pittsburgh's success with running the no huddle O that wore our D down will not go unnoticed by other teams. I'm sure Peyton is salivating at the thought of running that when we play them. The coaches, defense and D line will have to have an answer for that or it will be a long season for us.
    Another thing for the secondary....STOP BITING ON THE FREAKIN PUMP FAKES!!! Wallace and Ward made them look silly at least a couple of times with Ben's pump fake.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Collins is good enough to take us to a Superbowl, that's not even an issue IMO. He threw a lot of darts out there and made smart decisions.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Eli is miles better then Kerry.

take it from the Giants front office, you don't make mediocre players the highest paid players in the NFL.

4. TheSureThing

Statistically Big Ben is not that great of a Quarterback. You pretty much just proved my point, he's clutch, he win's games because he makes plays. Big players make big plays..

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

:ha:

Eli isn't even MILES ahead of Vince Young.

6. TheSureThing

do you have any stats or evidence to support this?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Steelers had the leagues #1 pass defense last season. They gave up an average of 234 yards per game. Collins ended up with 233 yards last night. Even with a few drops, Collins still completed 63%.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

While some of you gawk about him throwing the ball away, its a much safer play than a turnover or sack. Even tho Kerry is trigger happy to toss the ball to the sideline, I'd rather take the safe play than gamble against a good defense w/ young receivers.

9. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

To me it goes back to Fisher you see Big ben making plays to win the game Kc making plays not to loose. You got have some take a chance and see if you can get a big play. When the Blitz came he threw the ball away. when we Blitz ben he hit the slant. I don't think our defense is going to be able to carry us this whole year our Offense has to put up more TD .

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I don't think peoples are gawking at him throwing the ball away in the context you are thinking. I think they are gawking because of the one series (and various throw aways throughout the game)where he threw it away 2 or 3 times in a row because we didn't have an answer for their blitzing. I don't think that's entirely (albeit some) KC's fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar