2 Things I learned from Last Night's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I agree with this this is the type of Qb Fisher wants here on the same token how many Super Bowls has Fisher won?

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

It also contributes to why we're just a good team that can't win the big games.

Fisher is what? 0/13 for superbowls...maybe it's time for a new philosophy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So I assume the answer for both of you is Young?

4. TheSureThing

possibly. but the answer ISN'T Kerry.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I agree partially. Kerry isn't the long term answer. However, he is our best option right now. I'm going to give the FO the benefit of the doubt, and trust they are telling the truth when they say that Vince will be ready when the time comes.
    So for the time being I have no problem with Kerry at the helm while Vince is learning and soaking up knowledge(at least I hope he is).

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Where does reality play into all this? We have three QBs on the roster. One has to start.

No one is saying Collins could not be upgraded but Young sure doesn't do it.

7. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

No I'm not saying I want Vy in the game what I was saying is maybe Fish should change up his coaching Philosophy I like Kc. I support who ever is on Team. Coach Fish wants some one who will manage the game that why when people were yelling for Cutler I knew it would never work. To run Fish offense you need a vet who takes little to no chance and hope the defense bails you out but like I say were are the rings?

8. TheSureThing

In a nut shell. I honestly don't believe anyone on our roster can go under center and lead us to the superbowl, It hurts to say that, but I'm giving an honest assessment.. I've been against the Vince benching since day 1, because I don't believe in someone losing their job because of an injury. That said, I'm not going to sit here and argue that Vince is a better quarterback then Collins, he's not, it's a landslide too. But I do think Vince has a ceiling that we either need to try to reach asap or look elsewhere for a QB. I mean I might sound "non loyal" to the Titans or something, but believe me I'm as big a fan as you'll see, and I'll root for anyone thats in, but I just feel like we're wasting snaps on Kerry Collins that could go to better use elsewhere..

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't agree. It seems possible Vince could have played a better game than Collins. If nothing else, when the QB is chased out of the pocket, possible Vince turns that into a gainer. The Collins int, imo, was as bad as a typical VY int (with the exception of the horrible "throw it directly to the dlineman" ints).

So I don't cause misunderstanding, I don't think Vince should be starting or should've been in that position in the game. But I wouldn't write off Vince against Collins as the better starter this season, yet.

If Collins performances continue at that level, then I think working Young into the game for a drive would be good plan for the season. If Collins improves, which I believe he will with the addition of a healthy Nate Washington and J.Cook, then Young doesn't need to play at all, only needs to be ready for emergency and to compete next season.

I'm not a fisher fan, but week 1, I blame the special teams. Looking at the weekend, our team stacks up with the best in the NFL.

Sometimes we'll lose the close ones. The big risk in losing Fisher is hiring a turd that will sink us. But if we go one and done again in the postseason, I will be very restless. I've wearied of the stale offense and questionable defensive philosophy that ends with us losing too many games that matter.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

what about mcnair? he was the type of qb to put the team on the shoulders in the final two minutes!!! Jeff never really seemed to complain about that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar