1st round: 3 best & 3 worst

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Cowboys and Colts are good choices. I am more unsure about Dez Bryant though and complete bust wouldn't shock me.

I almost put Tebow as my top 3 mistake, but for whatever reason, I can't write him off. I just can't honestly say I think he'll be a sucky pro. At worst, I think he has some great moments.

I can't say the same about Ryan Mathews and the guy the Jags drafted.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Best..

Chiefs-berry
    Colts-Hughes
    Steelers-Pouncey

worst..

Rams-Bradford
    titans-Morgan
    Redskins-Williams

Redskins should have taken Okung

Tebow might be a reach at 25 but Bradford at #1 is a far greater reach. Both tebow and bradford played in spread offenses and while Tebow is 100% healthy and can run the ball like a young Steve Mcnair bradford is coming off a 3 game season and coming off 2 injuries to his right shoulder. The Rams are idiots!

I don't think the Jags got a bad player but he will not be a stud. I wish the Titans had reached for Houston.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Personally i think Dez Bryant was clearly without any trace of doubt the best Wr prospect.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I would personally prefered to trade down to get Hughes due to my man crush on him, and I'm absolutely gutted he went to them! I agree with you that he was a great pick, can't believe the Patriots passed on Hughes and Wilson.

I can't believe how much grief you are giving the FO for Morgan, the guy is a pro-bowler who is a solid pick. I can't wait to see him play. Most mocks had him going in the top 10 and he slipped to 16. Delighted with Morgan.

Can't believe Clausen is still available.

Now for round 3.
    Spikes and Gilyard if possible please

5. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

I personall liked the Tebow pick. He has more heart than many of the NFL players. He plays the game because he loves it not for the money. He's a player the NFL has needed for a while...
    Good Picks:
    1. Ndahmommma Suh. Playing under Schwartz who was a defensive guru for us. Yeah he'll be All-Pro in a couple years.
    2. Dez Bryant. He gets to stay close to home and close to Deion Sanders. He has the intangibles to be a great receiver in the NFL. Just had a bad college life.
    3. Tim Tebow/ Eric Berry. They both were SEC standouts. (The best conference in college football) and I think they both will be productive at some point in their career.

Bad Picks:
    1. Raiders: Rolando McClain. Not taking anything away from McClain. great athlete who may be a great LB in the NFL. However they could have drafted down to about the 17-23 position and still gotten him.
    2. Redskins: Trent Williams > Russel Okung. No way. There was a reason why Sam Bradford got hurt.... twice.
    3. Jags: Tyson Alualu. I wonder how the Titans are gonna feel playing in the west coast?? Their bout to find out with a pick like that.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Disagree with you ohsfball, McClain was a great pick. He's the #1 LB prospect and that's what the Raiders want. McClain is a beast and was projected in the Top 10 all year, until right before the draft his stock dropped. He also wouldn't of made it past the Giants at 15. The Raiders needed a LB and McClain was a solid pick, atleast they didn't take Tebow.

I think a worse pick was Weatherspoon, he was a reach. Honestly, he's early 2nd round talent.

7. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

:biglaugh:

Ha Ha, what a joke. Your telling me that the guy who has been having autograph sessions for $160.00 a pop isn't playing for the money.

He is a great athlete and all, but 2nd best QB in the draft, i am just not sure about that. Also i think the reason most people love him is because he is a Jesus Freak and in their eyes those people can do no wrong and $ H it golden nuggets. I like him, but I just have a problem with people that have to say how blessed they are in every other sentence they say. Its been my experience in life that those who I have been around that do that are usually messed up in the head someway and are overcompensating for some bad things that they do. Just my opinion.

But seriously, He wants the money!

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think the Broncos should of went with Clausen before Tebow. Broncos really could of gotten Sergio Kindle, they need OLB help. They run a 3-4, they would of been set.

I think Tebow should of went to Raiders, Bills, or even the Broncos will their early 2nd rounders.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Morgan was a great pick. Easily the top rated 4-3 DE in the draft. In my mind, it was going to be Graham or JPP, but that was because I thought Morgan would be long gone.

And you just can't move down just to move down. You have to have a good offer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You might find this odd, but after the Jags raising the bar for stupid picks, I think the 2nd worst pick was the Jets taking Kyle Wilson. KW is a great player, and I wouldn't mind having him on the Titans. But with Revis and Cromartie on both sides, when is he ever going to see the field? Sure they might like his return abilities, but if you need a returner that badly, pick one up in later rounds who are probably better at it than he is anyway.

I disagree about the Raiders getting such low grades. McClain is a great player and may have been under rated going into the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar