1st Place by tie breakers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MCMLXXXIII, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Tie Breaker for Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head-NA as we have not played either team
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. - IND 0%, Hou 100%, Ten 100%

Reverts to Two team tie breaker after Colts eliminated

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head -N.A.
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.- still tied
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. (Vs Oak, NYG, DAL) Ten 3-0, Hou 1-2

Therefore we are currently in first place by tie breaker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Thanks for the post. I was wondering how we were first.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

We just gotta beat the colts, send em to 0-3 in the division then we are
    in the drivers seat. But first we got a tough game vs the eagles

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

5 of our last 6 games are in the division, that's when it really matters.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm glad we were able to beat a divisional opponent to give us an idea how we stack up in the AFC South.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I like how Steve Young kept saying how QBs dont know what they are doing when they send guys on like Djax out in the middle of the field. He was basically saying Kolb doesn't know what hes doing.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Steve Young really wants to see Vince do well, you could tell that by his comments last night. He was a big critic before, and is now a believer. I've noticed Steve holds his tongue when speaking about Vince. But that's okay, it sure beats people throwing him to the sharks.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I noticed that too. It seemed to me like maybe Steve has talked to Heimerdinger or Fisher and kept saying that Vince won't get any better if he doesn't fix his footwork which is something that should mean a lot coming from such a great passer.

I couldn't agree with him more, Vince can be great, elite even, if he just takes care of the finer nuances to his game. It's very obvious when he blows those throws that should be pieces of cake. He blew a pass last night to Bo and I noticed exactly what Steve Young was saying, he doesn't plant his feet and therefore it makes for an inaccurate pass.

Now had this all been Trent Dilfer or that D-bag Shim Hasselback saying all these things I wouldn't have thought too much of it, but when Steve Young has advice for you like this, you should take it to heart.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Look at the talent that steve young had around him!!!! The best wr ever to play the game for one!!! He was good but the ppl around him made him so much better then he really was

10. amy

amy Starter

"Look at the talent that steve young had around him!!!! The best wr ever to play the game for one!!! He was good but the ppl around him made him so much better then he really was"

may be, but he knows Vince needs to plant his feet. Too many passes are big IFs because of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar