1st Day BUST poll

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2007.

?
  1. #1 S Michael Griffin

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. #50 RB Chris "Tinman" Brown

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  3. #80 WR Paul Williams

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A great player who's services will not be available for the entire next season, MINIMUM.. This guys steps on a crack and his career is all but done in the NFL or at least (and more importantly) for the Titans.
    Mistake? just possibly....

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The reason I didn't like the Chris Henry pick was the players that were available there, Steve Smith and Quentin Moses were both still there and would have filled a much more pressing need. We could have come out of rounds 2 and 3 with Steve Smith and Antonio Pittman but instead took Chris Henry and Paul Williams, that's what I don't like.

3. bperiod

bperiod Guest

Word. :rolleyes:

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

AMEN!
    I had a bad feeling when the Titans drafted him. First time I saw him on TV he was flashing gang signs and was surrounded by thugs. Bad first impression.
    He turned out to be a very impressive player. Opposing teams decided to kick the ball out of bounds rather than let Pac get his hands on the ball. With time, when----if---- he can come back, other teams will learn not to through the ball near Pac. If he continues to be in the NFL, he will only get better. He has huge potential.

The thought that some give, "Without Pacman, our season is over" is a pile of poop in my opinion. Yes, he will be hard to replace for his return skills, but what about the other guys on this team. We have a pretty good secondary as we stand right now, excluding Pac.

With what you know about him now, his troubles and potential NFL career, would you draft him today?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I know hindsight is 20/20 but..

Hunt, bush and pittman all could have been had in rd 3. We used a 2nd rd pick on a guy who didn't do it on the field.

6. well i like our draft... so im happy

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I didn't vote because it's hard to pick.

I think both Griffin and Henry were picked too early IMO. I don't think anyone would have taken Henry 'til round 3 (at the earliest) though it appears Griffin would have been gone before we picked in rnd 2 (given what happened with other teams).

I think Henry has more upside because of his physical tools (unless Griffin can play CB...which he might). But Henry was a much bigger reach.

Griffin is a safer pick but Henry is a very big boom or bust pick (think Calico...world class potential...but if it doesn't develop...you get nothing).

Paul Williams is also a bit of a boom or bust pick. He was a great junior...but he's gone through a lot with his family situation. He needs to figure out if he has the desire and commitment to getting back to playing at that level again...and part of that could be a return to playing CB.

An argument can be made that all 3 players have question marks but I had Williams going in round 3. I vote for Henry...but Griffin may not be far behind considering we took him OVER and a few other players.

Gut

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

It cant be Griffin, bc once Pac is back and Griffin has a season under him, we have a top 10 secondary

we dont know what Henry can do, and Williams has a real chance to be good

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Tell me again how good the secondary is when we're still giving up big passing numbers.

Then I'll hear (not from you, but the usual Schwartz apologists) we can't possibly be expected to have middle of the pack stats (or BETTER) without a good pass rushing RDE. Then I'll hear how Haynesworth is a mediocre DT, ect.

We'll see how long Pac is suspended for, but when he's back (if he's back), I hope our secondary kicks butt but I'm not holding my breath with Schwartz at the helm!

Gut

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gut...

I think both Griffin and Henry were picked too early IMO.
    ----------------------------

I don't agree about griffin in the sense there was no way we get him in rd 2. I think new england takes him and a few other teams.

Henry i do agree, we very well could have drafted him in rd 3. We do know for a fact that hunt, pittman and bush would have all been available in rd 3 had we not gone RB in rd 2. Nobody can convince that henry in rd 2 is a better value than hunt in rd 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar