1999 Titans Team and 2007 Team!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, that's why we ran george 320 times that year...

2. It doesnt matter who we compare them to all that matters is that this years team seems like the 99 team!! "those that dont remember history are doomed to repeat it."

3. Thats what im saying!! We had receivers that were much alike that years team!! Trust if you would have told me derrick mason would be a pro bowl reciever in 98 i would have laughed!! We got Lendale white to run it 300 times this year buddy!

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I like the theory and hope it holds true...

5. Fry

i just dont see anything that would lead you to that conclusion. is it his inability to keep his weight in check? or the fact that he has never been the lead back, even in college?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A few things the Titans don't have now they did then:
    A RB anywhere close to Eddie George, a pass rusher of the same caliber as Jevon Kearse, a TE nearly as productive as Wycheck or a QB who could do it with both his arms and legs like Steve McNair.

Nice optimism but it isn't close.

7. Heres another tid bit:

96 Season--8-8 4th in divison
    97 Season--8-8 3rd in divison
    98 Season--8-8 2nd in divison

Then 99 comes along and its the super bowl

04 Season--5-11 4th in divison
    05 Season--4-12 3rd in divison
    06-Season--8-8 2nd in divison

See the pattern!!!

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

If by pattern you mean the ONE season where we finished 8-8 from 04-06, then yeah I see the pattern.

9. Its scary to me how this team is almost and i say ALMOST the same as that team was!! Watch out!!

10. Fry

according to that we need to have two more 8-8 seasons....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar