114.1 passer rating

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigg, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Firstly, I'm a VY fan, not a lover. Not a homer.
    Secondly, while I don't think he's a genius, I don't think he's stupid or an idiot.
    There are different forms of intelligence; and different methods/ways that people go about figuring out stuff.
    Also, I will be the first to admit that Vince needed a major attitude/maturity adjustment when he got here.
    So I think that it was his immaturity combined with his stubbornness that caused him to not learn anything. That in turn made people think he was less intelligent than he is.
    If you're stubborn, immature and think you know everything, and won't listen to anyone to learn anything, naturally people are going to think you're stupid.

I feel sorry for your kids, or any child that you do have. You'll probably disown him if he ever quits any team sports he/she happens to play huh?
    Your close-mindedness and adamant refusal to see that he deserves another chance is garnering you no respect.

Like I said, the score is a moot point. What's your response for Marino scoring a 9 and Harrington scoring a 35?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Is there any particular reason this part was left out?

"The NFL did its best to silence talk about Young's test. Combine officials said the score of 6 was inaccurate. Titans GM Floyd Reese said he'd heard the first test had been administered or graded incorrectly. Texans GM Charley Casserly also disputed Young's score Sunday, saying it was inaccurate.

Young took the test again — on Sunday — and made a 16."

I get so tired of hearing all the haters cling to the rumor of the 6 score as gospel. It hardly matters, since it is neither proven or disproven, and the official score he has is a 16. Marino's official score, IIRC, is a 13.

Step off. 16 is the only score that matters.

3. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Seriously, this is one of the main reasons why I root for VY. I think it's totally wrong that he has to face that the rest of his life...not career...life. The only way he makes it up is by winning.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

OOh, he got a 16....on his second try....that's much better:rolleyes:!!! My point exactly, he's an idiot!! Look, the fact is he scored a 6 the first time he took the test and he probably hired a tutor and still was barely able to squeak a whopping 16. Like I said, no matter what the VY lovers only see what they want to see. I see an athletically gifted football player who is too stupid to ever learn how to read a defense, make good quick decisions on the fly and play QB at the NFL level... plus he's a quitter.

After this season if I'm right and he finally gets the boot, then what are all you Vince lovers going to say then? Will you finally admit he was a flop? If he lights it up the rest of the year, which I hope he does for the Titans sake and to save a top pick next year, then I will be the first to admit I was wrong. Will you?? I'll still say he's a stupid quitter though;)!!

5. willpower

willpower Camp Fodder

===================

Dude he is 19-11 as a starter in the N.F.L.!!!! What are the first 30 game W/L records of the Wonderlic heroes?

6. Titansman1

Don't feel sorry for my kids, my boys are hard working straight "A" students, one of my sons not only won his school and then the county spelling bee 2 years in a row but was the youngest to make it to the state level which he took 4th his first year and 2nd the next. The other has already been accepted to the "Duke University gifted Children Program" and both has had the highest GPA in their grades. Both play sports, one is more of a jock than the other and neither are superstars but both are good and athletic. I don't care so much about that because I'm more into academics anyway.

I'll have to admit I'm probably a bit of an overachiever myself and I push that on my boys but I can tell you that they don't and never will quit. Once they sign up they HAVE to finish. They don't have to ever do it again if they don't want to or if they don't like it but that is one of the rules in my house finish what you start and NEVER GIVE UP. I won't let them get in the habit of giving up when things get tough plus I tell them that the rest of them is counting on them to pull their weight. Yeah, I wouldn't feel too sorry for my boys, one of these days you or one of your kids just might be working for one of them....Oh and I'm sure they won't like it when people quit on them either...lol!!

As far as Marino, there's an exception to every rule and even though he was right in their backyard the Steelers picked over him, now I know the Steelers have a horrible track record at spotting talent but I guess they figured the risk reward ratio wasn't worth it. You win some and you lose some. I'm done with this though, time will tell. I keep saying I think he deserves this shot I just don't think he'll ever work out. IMO

7. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

Oh my, and the rambling goes on, you area constantly contradicting yourself.

8. Titansman1

Where have I contradicted myself?

9. kstone

kstone Starter

I think Vince played the game that suits him best. Made smart passes, did not turn the ball over and gave it to CJ.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

And as long as we only need 125 yards passing and CJ runs for over 200 to win games VY has it made. The real test will be when we need VY passing in the 4th qt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar