11-0 Indianapolis Next Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I've been predicting a 21-17 win for the Titans.

I think that when we play our brand of football, we are engineered to beat teams like the Colts (and Cardinals). This will absolutely be our biggest game yet, given all the playoff implications and whatnot.... If we knock off Indy in Indy then there is no second guessing this team: we had a rough start, we were banged up, we somehow accidentally started the wrong QB for 6 weeks, and now everything is coming together and this team is playing the way I knew they were capable of playing. This game will be huge.

Thoughts?

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Honestly I don't like our chances and it pretty much has everything to do with our spotty defense.

3. rothbard

rothbard Camp Fodder

The Colts have been almost beat for the last few games at least, so I say next weekend is the perfect time for someone to finally knock'em off

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We have success against them and now we can control TOP. This is a good matchup for us. I think of all the teams in the NFL, only the Patriots and Titans really match up well. Maybe the Steelers and Vikings. We'll see. I'm actually pretty confident about a close game.

5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Peyton has shown that he's human the past couple of games...I actually think we'll have a good gameplan for this one. Texans gameplanned nicely but eventually beat themselves.

How can you not like our chances after todays game? I pick a Titans win here :)

Just gotta step it up on D and pressure Peyton. Rushing 4 everytime isnt gonna work against Indy's O-line.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Peyton Manning > Matt Leinart

7. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Nah, obviously :ha: but I was talking about our offense...500+ total yards. I know the scoreboard didnt reflect that, but still. If our D shows up, we'll take it in a close one.

8. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

Matchups are very important, Jeff Fisher historically plays well against the colts.

Our defense hasn't created a turnover in the past two games this isn't like us - hopefully the law of averages works in our favor and things balance out for us in the Indy game.

Honestly with the way I'm thinking now, it'll come down to how we can mend our weaknesses rather than how we can push our strengths

The major glaring weakness is our secondary and special teams. Unfortunately I hear that Peyton Manning is pretty darn good and that's just gonna have to be forefit that he'll probably have 300+ yards passing against us, but what we need to do is make sure they get only FG's and not TD's which means focus in on defending fade routes and crosses in the red zone.

SPECIAL TEAMS! Good gosh, think how much better this team could be if we started drives OUTSIDE the 20. Also, kickoff coverage - if they score a TD on a kickoff return I don't think we can recover.

9. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Yeah, I'm really worried about this one. I was actually more confident before I saw the game today. Our D is really gonna struggle. However, all that matters is that we can stop them when it counts.

We can still win if Peyton throws for 300+. Look at the Texans game. It's gonna be incredibly close.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well the Colts defense is better than the Cards course that being said I still think we can keep it close and score some points. But it is away so...

Again I think it will be close and whichever team has the ball last will probably win but I just don't like the idea of Manning vs. our secondary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar