10th Bengals Player Arrested...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Palmer, without the injury and oline factors could have put up near record numbers. Perennial center Rich Braham was lost in game two, along with numerous oline injuries that allowed way too much pressure on a guy recovering from ACL MCL etc. surguries just months before. It was this pressure that lost them at least 2 games straight up (Patriots and Falcons and maybe more that I'm not recalling)
    Deltha Oneal had such a pathetic year that he probably lost his job for this season and Dexter Jackson was out for half the season and was recovering on field for the rest.. Only bright spot in the secondary was rookie Jonathan Joseph, and he still dropped every INT opportunity..
    And it goes without saying The Bengals, as usual, could rarely deal with an opposing running game..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cruds..

We are going to have to respectfully disagree on that one. Palmer played well enough to get most teams into the playoffs and his game against the falcons was a good one he had no picks. He struggled against the pats but who doesn't? The week before that game he put up 28 points on the steelers. the week before.

The bengals were 8-5 and in good position to make the playoffs and proceeded to lose their final three games. I feel they were far more talented than that..

Note: Braham is a year older than kevin mawae. I don't think his knee injury is a proper excuse for that team's failures.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Absolutely, but do you really believe it was the arrests behind that?

Not soley responsible for the team's collapse but absolutely a factor.. His replacements definitely struggled. I guarantee Palmer is praying Ghiaciuc (or however he spells it) can get his act together this season - or at least the Ohio State kid they got from AZ - Stepovich, Stephanovich?

The point is that poor secondary play, poor overall run defense and O'line and other injuries were more of a factor in Cincy's demise than any of the arrests.. Odell Thurman would not have single-handedly turned that team around had he not been suspended..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cruds..

What i'm saying is that the bengals are not a tightly run organization and all those recent arrests have not been handled well. If pacman can ruin a locker room for the titans in 05 then certainly all this nonsense can ruin the bengals locker room if lewis let's it.

Step one show chris henry the door. That hasn't happened yet.

I brought the issue up in the first place because so many people think that lewis is a great coach just because he has 8-8 seasons compared to the typical 4-12 crap they were used to but the differece now is that instead of akili smith or david klingler they have a future hall of fame type talent at QB.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

like who?

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I would jokingly say with Mike Brown at the helm The Bungs are an overly tight organization.. One more flap and Henry and Odell will be gone. Lewis, love him or hate him needs to go deeper into the playoffs than one&out this year or he'll be questionable for a re-sign - every Bengal fan knows this..

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Not so fast my friend...

Before you crucify Mr. Lewis, let's try to remember where the Bengals were before he arrived on the scene. That was the most humiliating franchise across all of sports. Now they are a borderline playoff contender that would be better if they could stay on the field. How could they afford to not resign him?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Aside from Palmer (who even a dead guy would have drafted @1), Marvin basically inherited that offense from Lebeau. That offense would purr under Dave Shula..
    Mr. "defense" Marvin Lewis has yet to put actually one together.. Surprisingly enough, Mike Brown has provided Marvin with an open checkbook to sign key players long term and bring guys like Dexter Jackson on board so ownership wants results.. So one division title, a bunch of 8-8 seasons and the longest criminal rapsheet in sports may not be enough for Marvin to get the extension.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Marvin Lewis is way too conservative as a coach. With that offense he should be scoring 30 points a game. He doesn't let Palmer open up all the time, and lets rudi run it too much. If the Bengals don't make the playoffs or don't make a run in the playoffs, I think he is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar