10th Bengals Player Arrested...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If ever a thread was over and there was a clear winner, this is it.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thanks 08..

I appreciate your support.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How not to win a debate..

Agree with the person you are disagreeing with..

-----------------------
    I have never even said McNair is better then Manning.
    ---------------------------

Again that was a quote from gunny after writing numerous posts in agreement with a thread starter that claimed mcnair was better than manning. The thread dated post season 2005 after the titans went 4-12. I took the logical position, gunny fought me on it and later made that quote. In that debate some myths were destroyed when posters just assumed mcnair was a great post season player. He was not and has not been. Also refer to the current history and put the mcnair is better than manning thesis to the test now. Dumb.

Anyone who wants to defend marvin lewis go ahead. If lewis needed gunny's support he would be SOL. Gunny would rather talk about the character problems on another team that lewis doesn't coach. I brought up the idea of lewis doing a less than steller job in large part because i knew it was a radical concept to many.

Rolltide myth buster..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wonder..

If the colts not the bengals had all these character problems and it was the colts who only went 8-8 last year with all that talent would titan fans be defending dungy? What if dungy was making inane comments in defense of a player who was driving under the influence and later apologized for those comments? Would you say he handled things well?

I listed the links that showed lewis' comments. Henry was driving drunk but lewis was trying to say that he shouldn't have been pulled over in the first place? Who the hell would say that? Lewis later apologized for those comments so even he agrees he didn't handle that well.

Lewis coached to an an 8-8 record a team loaded with talent. An elite QB, an elite WR and an eddie george caliber RB. Lewis an alleged defensive genius has coached teams that have averaged 27th in total defense. We now know that in the 4 years since lewis last was the ravens DC they have averaged 3rd in defense and finished 1st twice so they certainly they have not suffered without him.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You can wonder all you want Roll.

Fact is all you do is blow hot air and when you get challenged you run away with your tail between your legs making up stuff and STILL cannot provide any proof.

So come on, put up or shut up.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

RollTide left this building days ago.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I guess he just knows when he's been beat.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The fact is that The Bengals went 8-8 because of O-line injuries, Palmer's knee, crappy play in the defensive secondary and some amazing bad luck with clutch kicks.
    The stuff that's going on with the arrests has less to do with the "The Bengals" than it does with a country-wide culture implosion amongst today's teens and 20-somethings. I guarantee every team in the NFL has an even percentage of thug knuckleheads out drinking, driving, and running with the wrong crowd...

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Palmer's knee?

His passing rating was 93.9 with 28tds and 13 ints and he made the pro bowl. The bengals offense had 2 thousand yard WRs! They were 8th in total offense and 8th in scoring offense. 9 of their opponents were not playoff teams. The steelers had an off year.

As for the secondary o'neal has been to 2 pro bowls, made it last in 05. They had a safety with 6 ints and dexter jackson their other safety is a former super bowl mvp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar