10th Bengals Player Arrested...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And Tank Johnson is back in the lead heading into the the fourth furlong.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe lewis should lose his job..

Mike tice got fired for having a team of ingrates so why not marvin? Nobody can say he's done a great job there.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why should Lewis lose his job because the players can't control themselves.

Should Fisher lose his for Pacman's 11 encounters?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Duh gunny..

Pacman is one guy, you don't have half a football team running amok. Is that too hard for you to see? It cost mike tice his job didn't it?

The bengals are not the most disiplined team on the field either and lewis who is supposed to be a defensive genius has had horrible defenses. You have a team with the 2nd best offensive personnel in the league going 8-8 and missing the playoffs.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hopkins, McNair, Rolle, Haynesworth, Starks, Pacman x 11, Ford, Henry, Calico etc.

memory fading is it?

:rolleyes:

This dance is getting old, stop embarrassing yourself by making this personal. Live your twilight years.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The idiot wind is blowing..

You named 8 players over fisher's 13 years as a coach. You forgot denard walker by the way. Lewis has had that many problems in 3 years. Henry can't be blamed on fisher he hadn't even coached him before and mcnair and hoppy are high character guys with one incident. There has never been a whole team out of control.

Gunny you use fisher as an example to argue with me, one of fisher's critics? Ok fine let's fire him too.

Grow the hell up and stop acting like an over emotional toddler.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's how a coach handles players..

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/05/24/marvin-lewis-cincy-police-profile-players/

One thing we can say about jeff fisher is that when an incident occurs whether it is the haynesworth situation or even just a sportsmanship issue like the bulluck fumble return in 02 he has handled it well. Fisher doesn't ever make excuses for bad behavior and as far as i know fisher has never made excuses for illegal issues. We know that fisher was livid over the henry incident and they made little effort to keep denard walker in 01.

In the above quote lewis implies, doesn't say it directly but implies that his players are being picked on because they are black. Maybe marvin is part of the problem or maybe he is just being defensive but if he feels defensive that only makes my point.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A fair comparison?

Hopkins, McNair, Rolle, Haynesworth, Starks, Pacman x 11, Ford, Henry, Calico etc.

vs

10 different players being arrested in one year? Some with multiple counts.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

With the exception of Ford, I named players since 2005. Seven players in 2 years just in case your math skills is fading with your logic skills.
    But go on, keep trying. You might just get there one day.

Why can't he? He was a Titan when he tested positive. He did a crime as well. What's the difference?

McNair just had another one.

And how many Bengals have had one incident?

7 players in two years, and Pacman and his 11 incidents, Haynesworth had a couple getting up to 20 or so there.

No it is actually a bit of reverse psychology. Fisher has had his fair share of player incidents over 2 years and he is not even criticised for it, so why should Marvin Lewis be fired for the same thing?

I know you hate being proven wrong, and it is becoming like a sixth sense for me to continuously show how ignorant your thoughts can be.

And don't make it personal. As I said, you need to live these twilight years, stress free. Go up to the cottage and relax in front of a fire and a good book.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok gunny..

So fire fisher then?

Wasn't mcnair's dui in 03 long before the season started? And technically the hopkins and rolle incidents were over 2 years ago and rolle was not under contract with the titans at the time so he wouldn't even count. Rolle played for baltimore in 05.

But hell facts don't matter right?

Mcnair had another dui? And he plays for the titans still right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar