1000 Characters :(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Is there any way the site could do away with the 1000 character limit on PM's. It's a huge pain in the but. I swear it's rare that any of my PM's are under the 1000 quota, so I end up having to divide them up and send them in multiple installments (which means my PM mailbox reaches it's limit of 50 stored messages all too soon).

Sincerely - I.B. Wordy

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Dear I.B.,

No.

Regards,
    The Management

;)

Seriously, if enough members had the same issue, we could try it until the server collapses. I'll check the vB forum to see what impact it has.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Jeff when are you going to update the whole site. Like new layout and everything.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm waiting for the new version of the software to be finalized. I'm hoping that will be in the next few months. Once in place, then we'll address design and all the added features we have as part of the forum.

It's quite a commitment in both time and money. I want to make sure the change will last us a couple of years once we make the move.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what's wrong with it ?
    except for the obvious inability to embed in certain forums (like Movies/TV)

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Jeff is the man. No need to question the site's quality!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

lmfao! :biglaugh:

I would love to have the character limit done away with or at the very least increased, but I understand. I can blow through 1000 characters in no time at all. I understand TB's issue all too well.

However, I'd like to point out that there is a good chance that a majority of membership seldom uses pm's at all or very little so lifting the character limit may have very little effect anyhow.

I'll be very interested to see if the parameters are ammended.
    Keep us posted.

ps- Thanks btw for all the things you do as admin, seen and unseen. :yes:

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Man - you must be doing some serious PMing...
    I follow the ten words or less rule... and I hate cellphones too...

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

End the tyranny of the 1000 character limit! Rage against the machine! Fight the power!

Or not. :)

Hey Jeff, no worries. I thought it might be as simple as changing an option. Since in theory it's just text I thought it wouldn't really effect the servers in any way, BUT then again, you could fill the library of congress with books on things I don't know about hosting websites, servers and all of that stuff, so I sir will gladly defer to your infinite kahuna wisdom.

And... either way it's your world, and I'm just here on a visa.

[​IMG]

10. What about keeping a limit, but making it 1500 or so? Or is there just no way to change the limit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar