1 year deal for Battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey I hope they don't bro, but I could see it happening...I personally think 3rd (if we get one) or 4th is a nice spot for RB.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Battle sucks

Will be surprised if he is on the final 53 unless CJ is cut

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Training camp requires 90 bodies, Battle is just the first of many we'll sign and dump by August.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Agreed. Likely a pressure move...Ah well, a lot can happen between now and next season.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think it is more of a safety net.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Battle can earn his place on special teams alone. He adds key experienced depth if C.J. isn't coming back. Regardless I expect the Titan's to be looking for the next Arian Foster: undrafted running back gold. With Battle on board they can afford to shop just a little bit more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Could be that as well my friend....I don't hate it, lets see what he does....depth isn't a bad thing

8. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

We need a chargers Danny Woodhead type of player ..to go along with Green ..

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I dont think we have to have a change of pace RB to pair with Greene, many
    RB-by-committee backfields get it done with similar players.

Niners RB's Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter are similar builds of each other.
    Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, and Christine Michael are all power runners for Seattle.
    Alfred Morris and Roy Helu are the same size for the Redskins.
    Packers Eddie Lacey and James Starks are the same guy almost too.

The trick isnt having 2-3 styles of RB, its to just find effective runners. If they happen to be different ok, but I wouldn't limit myself to only fast guys because of the fact we already have 1 powerback.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What do you all think about Jones-Drew as our Danny Woodhead type of RB? He has always been a good receiver with 40+ receptions every year. We could tell him that he gets a chance to fight Green for the starting job.

I wouldn't have a problem going into the season with Green, Jones-Drew, and Battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar