#1 Passing Defense #3 Total Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Prideful, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I mentioned this in a previous forum when everyone was whining about the loses. I basically said we need to turn up the intensity and get nastier on defense. I referenced the exact stat you are talking about now. Back then it was us and the Steelers who had that stat.

2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

That's just Casey trying to be a leader. Not sure that was really the case. When these types of things happen your best players tend to take the blame so they shift the focus away from the team because they know that will bounce back regardless of how bad the play.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right on but we are 1-3 playing against those QBs and you defend this head coach.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Morgan's played great. Must be nice having someone with a pulse on the opposite side of you then effing Wimbley.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

PFF did a top 10 Dline article. Spoiler: we are rated 8th.

Top 10 NFL Defensive Lines | Week 6 | Pro Football Focus

Morgan Orakpo Casey is a pretty good core to build around for next few years. I wanna see them add an ILB with real talent and depth at OLB to groom.

Then in the secondary we'll need a FS asap if Griffin can't turn it around. Depth at CB (or a #1 depending on who you ask).

#57 rekirts, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

We're definitely playing better but we desperately need to stop allowing the big play especially at the worse time. All of our big plays allowed made a difference and cost us the the wins. Another problem is that we never seem to hold teams to a FG, once they are in the red zone, we allow TDs.

And while it's nice to see the Titans at the top a statistical list for a positive reason, yards allowed doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I'm always more concerned with points allowed. We're #15 in points allowed which isn't anything great. To put it into perspective, Tampa is ranked #8 in total defense but dead last in points allowed.

If we could start holding teams to FGs and stop the big play we could have a scary defense.

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

And we are 1 and 3.:cool2:

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that is the issue.

Zero reason to go m2m on 3rd and 23 - none, zip nada

coaching malfeasance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar