1-2 could easily be 3-0

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I know that records don't matter, but we were a last minute drive (skins) and 3missed fgs (cincy) from being 3-0. Plus, two of the games were with vanilla Def against our opponents. We know what Pitt, Hou, and SD are going to bring to the table, but these teams have no idea who may come up big for us. We played three playoff teams from last year, this preseason. None of those teams shut us down on offense. We just couldn't get into the end zone (redzone). Yesterday proved to me take Jake can delivery the goods and that our Def is going to pretty good and physical (at least the front 7). Pitts got an azz kicking coming, and we are going to make the league take notice when we beat Hou.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

To be honest, I want to see our absolute lows in preseason. This is where you want to play bad and identify weaknesses. I could care less about wins or score right now. People over the past two weeks should be ashamed of themselves for overreacting.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I bet you could care less

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah but (Chris Berman's voice)

Records and stats mean nothing in preseason. Take for instance, the Matt Ryan clear fumble that was ruled down. I actually liked that call, but only because it was preseason. I wanted to see our offense get a long drive out of the punt instead of that turnover..

I just really hope teams don't do too much game planning on our offense (which they will).. They almost certainly know that Jake will be his best on a roll out pass to the right. Jake rolling out to the right gives me the most confidence I have in him.

As for our defense, we need all the help we can get from the front 7, or else our secondary will get exposed big time.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

nothing I said was inaccurate, going 4-0 in the preseason would be okay, but I don't really care. So yea, I *could* care less.

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Don't care about the record either. It's just good to know that our Off was not stagnant, and that we do have various blitz packages. It's good to see us tackling and clasping the pocket. I am happy about the improvements. I was just pointing out that we were competitive against playoff teams. Last year we had games were we had the doors blown off. I feel that we can compete with every team on our schedule.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If we play like we did last night on both sides of the ball during the regular season then we have a real shot at making some progress.The way Jake Locker played i'll take that type of game from him as well as the six sack performance from the defense.We play like that all year we will be at least 10-6 or better.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

For 2 weeks it's been how we are the worst ever.

Now we're gonna compete.

*sigh* pre-season.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I thought this thread was going to be about the regular season. :disappointed:

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah our 3rd/4th stringers cost us a game and we missed some field goals, but does it really matter? I won't even remember what our pre season record is in a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar