09' Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Yossarian, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jason McCourtry! Over 6' and ran 4.30 and 4.36 at Rutgers pro day.

Get Underwood and sweep the Rutgers players up.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm psyched.

3. Chaser 55

Chaser 55 The Jersey Guy

McCourty is a good pick at this point. He has great potential as a kick returner. He didn't start returning kicks at Rutgers until late in his senior year because we couldn't afford risking an injury to our top corner. Once he started returning though, he was fabulous.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

It looks like WR depth isn't going to be a problem anymore.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And Dominique Edison!

(Championship!)

We've added the speed today. Nice.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Analysis
    Positives: Overmatches lower-level talent with good height and sinewy upper body strength. Separates from most FCS corners with his elite speed. Catches with his hands and is able to go outside his frame to adjust to poorly thrown passes in any direction. Uses his hands or feet on the line to free himself off the jam. Quick into and out of routes. Has good body control, and is able to get his feet down, high-point the ball in traffic and make a quick move after the catch. Typically runs stay-routes on the sideline and posts, but is also used on underneath crossing routes to get him the ball quickly. Sells the outside route fake, and uses his body to shield corners on the post. Covers up and locks onto defensive backs while run blocking.

Negatives: Lanky frame that is thin in the hips and legs. Productive, but at a lower division playing in a spread offense regularly using four- or five-receiver sets. Lacks suddenness off the line and takes a couple of steps to get to full speed. Only average elusiveness in space, lacking wiggle in his hips. Faced lower-level corners, so it may take some time until he's physical enough against NFL veterans on the jam and downfield. Must prove he can handle going over the middle. Could increase his value by returning kicks, but is inexperienced there."

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

DB Jason McCourty (5-11 7/8, 193) ran a 4.30 and 4.34 40-yard dash, a 4.28 short shuttle and a 6.76 three-cone drill. McCourty also posted a 36.5-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 5-inch broad jump and 15 bench press lifts."

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

WR Dominique Edison (6-2 3/8, 196 pounds) ran a 4.37 and a 4.44 in the 40 with the wind and a 4.53 against the wind, and turned in a 7.09 time in the three-cone drill.

That's what I could find from his pro day.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I just got in from a golf tourney. (Got beat like I owed 'em money :( ) Man- what an effin awesome draft. I keep reading up on each pick and just keep seeing great value, talent and needs for our RFA and UFAs with each pick. The only ? is DE. Other than that- I am really psyched. I'm usually bummed after our drafts.

Go Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar