Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

07 Topps Box Break + two nice patches

Discussion in 'Memorabilia' started by titanbuoy, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    Went to the local shop this aft and picked up a box of 07 Topps football and a couple of nice single cards. The box break was pretty bad but here are the "goods".

07 Topps break goodies
    [IMG]
    Was hoping to get a Rookie Premiere Auto but no such luck. The Steve Smith graph isn't bad, but who the **** is Ryne Robinson??? :suspect: I Like the Gates All Pro jersey patch, nice bit of the light blue star, the Evans is a Gold Parallel version and is #'d 41/52. Also a couple of inserts with LT, JB and LJ. I threw in the Bennett and Henry airbrush jobs for interest sake.

07 Topps break RC's
    [IMG]
    Nice shots from the premiere photo shoot. I knew I had to include the Saints and Phins rookie wideouts to stay in a couple of GT members good graces. Didn't get an Adrian Peterson... which sucks. The black borders on the base Topps cards should make them pretty condition sensitive. It sucks that the foil names don't scan well, but I'm pretty sure you can figure out who's who.

07 Topps break Titans
    [IMG]
    Only pulled 7 Titans cards, no Chris Henry...booo. It's a drag Griffin wasn't invited to the Rookie Shoot I'm sure most of his cards will feature him in his Texas uni or the VY10 he wore at the rookie camp. The oddball LebDale is the copper or bronze parallel of the regular version beside it; it's #'d 0384/2007. I included #9 because there was an extra space, he seemed to be the appropriate choice to fill it. Oh! The graphs on these base cards are just facsimile printed ones.

Honestly a pretty brutal break, but you can't win 'em all. At least I got Vince's two base cards from this years set and two of the three Titans rookies
  2. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    While I was at the shop I found a couple of sweet RC patches that I couldn't resist

05 Braylon Edward Gridiron Gear 47/75
    [IMG]

05 SP Authentic Vincent Jackson 198/699
    [IMG]

I love both of these patches and with McCardell gone and Parker injured I think Jackson is going to have a brilliant year.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    Lebdale's is an HP sauce card.

Yes I would have believed those graphs were real if you hadn't told us. Those look like comftuble shoo's
  3. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    :ha:

I love HP sauce.

Make mine a double.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    Of the 07 cards, this may be the best so far, but I've been dissapointed in the designs. The SPX are god awful if you ask me. Topps has the edge right now and that isn't saying much.
  5. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    I always enjoy Topps regular release (I buy at least one box a year), and ideally this year's design is really solid. The problem is with the black borders every flaw stands out like a sore thumb. It's pretty frustrating when you're cracking open a box and most of the cards looked dinged up. I wish they made the base set the colour of the White parallel (copper?)... those cards look sweet in hand and aren't so condition sensitive.

What, no love for the Braylon patch? :) I frickin love that thing. Quality Browns patches are hard to come by... now hopefully Edwards stays healthy.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    That is a nice patch. I love the braylon patch.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632
    :what:
  7. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Warmack
    Moolah:
    $730
    That's more like it! :suspect:

:clown: