'07 NFL Draft: Grade Day One

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

D+

i like the griffen pick. i would have taken nelson, but Brotto signed off on him, which is good enough for me.

i absolutely hate the chris henry pick. there were so many more productive runningbacks on the board; brandon jackson, antonio pittman and brian leonard. God knows we could have used a DE at that spot too. who knows if we even tried to trade up for woodley.

i kind of expected the paul williams pick after watching the run on WRs. i dont know what to think about it. he really produced his junior year, but i just dont know if he loves football.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont know how you can give the henry pick an A. the guy averaged 3.3 YPC against pac-10 defenses.

3. dgood

dgood Guest

Alright, I just started watching videos on him and I'd admit hes talented. But i still give a F because we could have used that pick on a talented DE that was left. We need DE for our defense to improve. We misused the pick.

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Boy, I don't know. It's kinda like FA has been. Everything seems logical if you think about it for a minute; no huge gripes (e.g., not paying Bennett and Henry alot of money seems to make pretty good sense--->we do need to replace LT, we do need someone behind LenDale), but then again, there's something so anticlimactic about it. If I was an outsider, there's no way this Titan class would even register on my radar (and if it did, only to ask why they didn't go for a WR or DE in the first two rounds). So I'm a little spooked (about MR's philosophy--what is his philosophy?).

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I give the first day a C-.

I liked the Griffin pick. I think he can step in right away and help us on D. The Chris Henry pick was shocking and quite frankly pissed me off. I knew we were interested in him, but round 2? Are you kidding me? And as much as I wanted a DE in the third (Charles Johnson), I said in the chat that we would probably take a crappy WR, which of course we did. It's always nice when you draft a player who has questions about whether or not he wants to play football. I've been pretty optimistic throughout this offseason, but it's hard to stay like that when we're making picks like this. Seven picks tomorrow, by god we better do better than we did today.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Turner deal in the toilet. Plan B was Chris "effin" Henry. And to see Fisher and Smith talking him up to the press. Shoooweeeee that is some stink.

MR is definitely a dumbask. Fisher's plan not looking too "bright" right now.

Overall day 1: C-

7. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

Fisher will be looking for a new job next year.

8. ONUV

ONUV Starter

my grades = C, F, C

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So who are the top prospects for next year's draft? Something tells me we'll be in the running for one of them.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

hopefully a stud DE...

i'm am sitting here shocked and stunned we didn't address the DE position...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar