'06 NFL Draft Interview: Matt Leinart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I thought it was an excellent interview. Good job Jeff.

I am firmly on the Leinart bandwagon (have been since day 1), but I honestly don't think he'll be available at #3.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They have been if you believe the interview I posted on Young. It appears strange to me why professional writers don't do a little research instead of publishing damaging comments which are not true and then become accepted as gospel.

Leinart is 1 1/2 inches taller than Cutler which may mean something to some.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I havent read the interview on Young yet, so I cant comment on that for now, but those questions cant be answered until the guys have played in the league for a few years. THey can be addressed and projected, but not really answered.

The size thing I dont buy really, and if anyone favors Leinart because of that I think they are overanalytical . In my opinion Leinart and Cutler are neck and neck. If Leinart proves he can make all the throws, then I think he is the top QB prospect, if he doesnt prove that then I think it has to be Cutler, just my opinion, but I dont think any inch and half should be part of the equation at all, especially since Cutler is 6 4.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Because if that was the case then Sports journalists wouldn't be a dime a dozen as they are now. The current state of affairs is that anyone with an opinion can become a sportswriter, actually the more outspoken, rude and controversial you can be the better.

5. TitanJeff

Do read it because it pretty much debunks a few of the common rumors going on Young.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/rating...r=2006&GenPos=QB&sortorder=LastName&order=ASC

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The Young article was a little reassuring I must say, but I still think he is the biggest risk of the 3, but could also end up being head and shoulders above the other 2 because he is certainly the best athlete.

Ok, so Cutler is 6' 3, thats still not an issue I dont believe. If he were 5 11, 6' or 6'1 then its a possible concern, 6 3 isnt IMO.

7. TitanJeff

I agree. IMO, Young is the biggest risk. And has the most upside. But that is another thread.

I don't believe Cutler's height is an issue either. But some may. Farve is 6-2. So is Volek.

8. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

I told you guys about 3 weeks ago and I will tell you again. The Titans will trade with the Saints to make sure they get Leinart. They don't want Young because Chow will leave. They will take Cutler, but first they will try to get Leinart. Trust me guys...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I doubt we will trade up one spot.

10. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

I really hope you are right. I think it would be stupid. I think we will be ok with whatever happens; Leinart, Cutler, or Young. However, I just really believe that the Titans think that Leinart will run the show exactly how they want it and will be willing give something up to trade up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar