“More probable than not” Patriots manipulated balls.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

NFL will change the rule and allow every team to set up their own footballs in any manner they choose.

honestly why the teams get to use their own balls on O is just crazy. Officials should be responsible for all game balls used in the contest.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If that's all the punishment is, expect to see a lot more teams taking advantage of this "rule" during wet weather and cold weather games.

Under inflated balls is a HUGE advantage. Ask any QB/WR who played college/pro ball in bad weather.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

At what psi differential does the "huge advantage" start? An independent lab confirmed balls do infact lose air due to the conditions. So do teams that start at the low point of 12.5 and goes below that threshold due to conditions always have an advantage on a team that prefers their ball to start at 13.5 and doesn't drop below the regulation because of conditions?

I'm not taking up for anyone. It's pretty obvious they intentionally and knowingly broke the rule... But I'm just not buying that there is a "huge advantage" to letting a little air out of a ball. As I said, I think it's more of a preference to how the QB likes it. Just like with all the silly prep work they do to balls. Some take it to extremes and I'm sure it doesn't give them an advantage as much as it gives them comfort in the way the ball feels.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Again, I go back to the Aaron Rodgers deal... He is more comfortable with an overinflated ball. Even saying he purposefully had them over inflated in hopes they would make it on the field that way. Does he have an advantage having the ball in a comfortable realm for him which is beyond the regulation?

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Exactly why this moaning and bitching about balls is bull**** ace.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I agree completely. I also find it odd that the report makes it clear this is something the Patriots had been doing for a long time, yet Walt Andersson states that in his 19 year career the balls have only gone missing that one time... doesn't really add up

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Gisele would destroy the NFL if they did.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The other thing that really does not add up is this.....If Brady was really that picky about the condition on the game balls prior to the game, why would McNally suddenly find it ok to take game balls that Brady had previously blessed and arbitrarily reduce pressure in them (in a rush, 90 seconds in a bathroom for 11 game balls)?

Again, the whole narrative basically hinges on the assumption that McNally lied through his teeth in the interview. Not out of the realm of possibility, but I want to see his reaction to this claim first.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Lets not overstate what the study claims here....."More probable than not" is not quite to the level of "a rule was broken" here. I want to hear the counterclaim by the Patriots before setting my hair on fire over this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't act like they didn't get caught breaking a rule. Again. And if their testicles were tazed your face would get burned. I don't give a chit what punishment they give as long as it's consistent with what other teams get they have a record of violations. In the real world it's called progressive discipline.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar